Headache and Migraine Treatment in Johnson City, TN
Headaches have been experienced by almost everyone at some point in their lives and there are currently 150 different categories of headaches that vary in intensity, cause, and cure.
Here are just a few of the countless symptoms associated with some of the most common headache types:
- Mild pain, tightness, or pressure on both sides of the head with no specific pattern as to when it occurs.
- Intense throbbing, pounding, or pulsating on one side of the head that lasts up to 48 hours.
- Pain triggered by specific factors such as stress , disrupted sleep patterns, or even certain types of foods.
- Vision disturbances such as blind spots, blurred vision, eye pain, stars, or tunnel vision. These are called auras, and they can occur anywhere from a few minutes to an entire day before the actual headache hits.
- Severe pain behind one of the eyes that occurs at least twice a day for 30 to 90 minutes at a time. This is generally followed by redness in the eye, a runny nose, and congestion.
Headache symptoms can either lead to or coincide with a number of other conditions. Some of these include:
- Increased urination
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Trouble concentrating
- Sensitivity to light
There are a number of other factors that can lead to headaches:
- Sinus pressure
- Muscle spasms
- Abnormal brain activity
- Unusual activity in the hypothalamus.
Don't Live with Pain
Headaches can make everyday life a difficult slog. Medical headache treatment may provide the solution you need to rid yourself of migraines and other chronic headaches. Please call (423) 482-8711 or contact AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center online.
AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center
Address1604 Lamons Lane
Johnson City, TN 37604
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm